Sunday 4 May 2014

New Found Loveee…...

I have a new found love for Paul Smith..
I've always known who he is, and visit his stores. I do like his menswear, especially his quirky prints.
He isn't really well known for woman swear mainly menswear, however i do love the androgynous look.

#designmuseum #paulsmith
I attended a college trip with my students from Aylesbury College, Paul Smith exhibition at the design museum. 
Loved it, very inspiring. 
Of course Paul Smith is well known for his stripe….But how did he create the stripe??
He developed the striped by winding coloured yarn around cardboard, which slowly build up to create a stripe. Which enables him to see how the colours work together.


Paul Smith really considers the print, to ensure the the print placement sits on the body in the correct place.
This is a very important aspect to consider, when designing prints for garments.


I love this Rose idea, which has been developed from a image found in his archive. I love the way it has been de-constructed, by chopping the image. Again he is bringing the strip into his print ideas.
#paulsmith #printideas

No comments:

Post a Comment